ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager Course (5 Days)
CALL +234 1 4546 589 FOR ENQUIRY
The ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager certification is a professional certification for professionals needing to implement Information Security Control Best Practice based on ISO/IEC 27002
The principal competencies and knowledge skills needed by the market are the ability to support an organization in implementing Code of practice for information security management as specified in ISO/IEC 27002.
Various professions may apply for this certification:
- Manager or consultant wanting to implement an Information Security Management System based on
- ISO/IEC 27001 Cunsultants
- Project manager or consultant wanting to master the Code of practice for information security management
- Person responsible for the Information Security or conformity in an organization
- Member of the Information Security team
- Expert advisor in Information Security issues
- Technical expert wanting to prepare for an Information Security Management System audit function
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||STMS project experience||Other requirements|
|ISO/IEC 27002 Provisional Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Manager exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB code of ethics|
|ISO/IEC 27002 Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Manager Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of security techniques related work experience||Security techniques activities totalling 200 hours||Signing the PECB code of ethics|
|ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager||PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27002 Lead Manager Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of security techniques related work experience||Security techniques activities totaling 300 hours||Signing of the PECB code of ethics|
For certification purposes, the following risk management activities constitute valid experience:
- Internal implementation
- External/consulting implementation
- Partial implementation
To be considered valid, the risk assessment activities should follow best implementation practices and include significant part of the following activities:
- Drafting an INFOSEC MNGT. Implementation business case
- Managing an INFOSEC MNGT. Implementation project
- Implementing Information Security processes
- Managing Information Security processes
- Implementing objectives
- Implementing corrective or preventive action
- Performing internal audit
- Performing a management review
- Managing an Information Security team
Professional references must be from individuals who have professionally worked with you and can validate your risk management expertise, current and previous work history, as well as your job performance. You cannot use anyone as a reference who falls under your supervision or is a relative. At least three professional references are required (candidates can input up to a maximum of five references).
Complete information is required: including job title, begin dates, end dates, responsibilities and more. Summarize each assignment, providing sufficient detail to describe the nature of the responsibilities that you had. This information can be detailed in your resume.
Denial and Revocation of Certification
Certification will be denied or revoked for any of the following reasons:
- Falsification of application
- Violation of testing procedures
- Failure to pass the examination
Denials or revocations of certification may be appealed to the Certification Board in writing.
Annual Renewal Certification Fee
To maintain your credentials active, there is an annual renewal fee for each calendar year. Registrants who pay their annual renewal fee will appear online in the PECB Directory of Certified Professional.
Maintain your Certification (Recertification)
The PECB designations are valid for three years. To maintain your certification, you must have accumulated the necessary 90 Continuing Professional Development credits (CPD) by the end of that three-year period and pay the recertification fee. CPD hours need to be inputted in your online PECB profile. PECB certified professionals who fail to provide the required CPD hours will have their PECB credentials revoked and will no longer be allowed to present themselves as certified PECB professionals.